(can be spelt hyperhidrosis)
This embarrasing condition is very hard to deal with.
It can be helped by
- Avoiding sweat triggers such as spicy foods, caffeine and alcolhol.
- Avoiding synthetic fabrics and wearing loose fitting clothes.
- Using highly effective antiperspirants.
In the past few years it has been discovered that tiny injections of Botulinum Toxin Type A blocks the impulses from the nerves to the sweat glands under the arms therefore blocking them. If the above methods do not help it is worthwhile having a consultation with Christine whereby she can discuss with you the treatment of hyperhydrosis that we can offer her in the clinic.
As with all our treatments, an in depth consultation will be given prior to any intended treatment.
- Firstly the areas are cleansed
- A small amount of local aneasthetic cream is applied
- Tiny injections just below the skin surface are administered
- The area is then cleansed again and thats it!
Following treatment you are advised not to use any antiperspirants for 2 days. (this could cause irritation to the broken skin)
Wash the area with a very mild cleanser for 2 days.
Carry on with normal activities.
Cost per treatment is £350. The effects can last for well over 6 months.